Thursday, June 18, 2009

Adult Skills Cooking Class

Today we did our adult skills Cooking Class. My daughters will all need this skill. We use a great book by Emeril Lagasse called There's a Chef in my Soup. It's wonderfully divided into categories. The recipes are serious enough, but fun for the girls to learn how to cook. Today they made BBQ chicken wraps. They turned out great and both girls learned how to make BBQ sauce from scratch. I didn't know how to do that until I was married for a couple of years! The cooking class naturally then funnels into the Shopping Class, where the girls learn how to grocery shop. Each week I choose a recipe from the book and we spend sometime on Thursdays making a recipe while I watch and mentor. My oldest is ten and I would like to have her through many of the adult skills before she starts---SCHOLAR PHASE!!

No comments: